About Me

My photo
I'm a late bloomer in the sewing world hoping to become an expert seamstress! I love applique's, monogramms and everything you can put them on!!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Tote bags

For Christmas this year, we decided to give home made gifts to some of our friends and my co-workers.  I found a super easy tutorial on how to make tote bags. After a trying experience with my last baby gift ( the 3 month onesie...) I was ready for a new challenge.  I had my super helper, the hubby, assisting in making precise cuts and offering helpful tips along the way.  (background: his mother is a seamstress.  He grew up around machines and would often help her stitch, iron, cut, etc. I hate to admit it,but he does know a thing or two about this...) Once we had our first bag, we realized the dimensions were a little small (12x12).  We decided to tweak the pattern by increasing dimensions somewhat.  THEN, we had the genious idea of turning it into a wine tote.  We REALLY tweaked the dimensions and this is what we created:


The best part is each bag is reversable.  I've given 4 of these away so far with a bottle of wine in each (thankful for the reverse stitch) and have had raving reviews.  Makes the perfect gift bag!  Out of all the fabric I purchased for this initial project (to make 3 totes), I've created 12 gifts so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment