About Me

My photo
I'm a late bloomer in the sewing world hoping to become an expert seamstress! I love applique's, monogramms and everything you can put them on!!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

First Timers

So, the real reason I developed an interest in sewing, not unlike my photography, was getting tired of  paying someone money, good money, for cute personalized items i.e baby gifts, wedding items, and back in the day, my X and a Horseshoe gear (Chi O!).  My husband is very crafty.  He's a helicopter mechanic by trade, but has the ability to look at something and be able to visualize and understand how it works and how to duplicate it.  I never understood why, when we'd go into a furniture store or shop somewhere, he'd get so mad about purchasing an item.  Instead, he'd buy all the materials needed and MAKE it himself.  Well, I totally get it now. 
ANYWAYS-- here is my first project.  After finally figuring out how to wind my bobbin thread (post-actually learning what the bobbin was) and thread my needle, I skipped the straight stitch and went right for the embroidery!!


Not much to look at, BUT, I made it.  My husband and I were in awe as we watched the machine magically follow it's instructions and make us this heart.  We figured we were so good, we'd try appliqueing:
Haha.  We've come a long way...  (We, meaning, my amazingly supportive, but passively competitive husband xoxo)  After this, we decided I should back up and try simply sewing two pieces of fabric together.  Its not unlike me to want to skip the easy and master the hard stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment